|2012: The Age of Light is Upon Us|
WELCOME to 2012 !!! Happy New Year!
At Incoming Bytes, I must admit that I am always inspired by great writing. Excellent writers, aware of it or not, are my mentors--and my heroes. No matter what genre, I enjoy good writing, and that includes intriguing, wonderfully-written professional blogs I have discovered.
Some are genuine diamonds I have happily stumbled upon, but interestingly, many of the BEST are written by good friends in my writing circles.
There are many blogs out there --and clearly, I cannot list them all, but in this new year, we will continue to enjoy the best.
For 2012, let's start out right with some wonderful reading recommendations.
- Let's learn to enjoy natural life more by reading a wonderful gardening blog Glory's Garden by our very own gardening zeitgeist Glory Lennon.
- If you are intrigued by farm life, green acres covered with lush green grass, bouncing lambs, big woolly sheep, majestic chickens and other aspects of farming wisdom, read Julie Helm's Woolly Acres for a closer look at where eggs come from, how they turn into chicks when hatched, what very high-quality natural wool looks like, --and even how to propagate meal-worms as a source of protein for chicken feed!
- Learn about all kinds of human intricacies. follies, and relationships, and why they fail, by checking in with the incredible wisdom and common sense of Ann Marie Dwyer at 'Mommas Money Matters' -that's M3 for short.
Red even turns the spotlight on you whether you are an author, accomplished photographer, or budding musician. She asks the right questions, --and gets the right answers for her readers. Bottom line?
" M3 and Red....Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into M3 and love it! " comes to mind.
- At Incoming Bytes everyone knows that "We like Camping Better" , and there's no better place to read about camping, camping stories, or about exploring the beautiful Adirondacks --than by checking in with Jim Bessey's Just Camping Out while you enjoy that first cup of coffee in the early morning on the back porch or beside a crackling campfire. --Whether it be winter, summer, spring or fall. --Whether you camp in classic vintage RV --or a two-man tent under the stars, --Jim encourages enjoyment of camping because Mother Nature offers a peaceful state of mind! Get out into the great outdoors with Jim Bessey's JCO --and you'll soon discover why we like camping better!
- If you love the excitement and big roar of NASCAR instead, you'll enjoy following Alexandra Heep's 'A Heep of NASCAR' for the real inside scuttlebutt on drivers, races, the pits, and the love of racing itself.
- In the quiet, early morning Eastern sky, watch a true star shining brilliantly in the skies over the desert of Oman as you enjoy Amanda Dcosta's Mandy's Pages to find out what's hot, and what's not.
- "The dignity of ANY human being is measured in self-esteem and perception of self-worth. Every human being is worthy of love --and to be treated with respect and dignity."
Truths about humanity, faith, and today's difficult and controversial social mores invariably come out,-- and this insightful resource site is offered to help the reader better understand hot-button issues, real human values, families, --and how to be a human being more effectively.
As an avid reader interested in a wide variety of aspects of life, I enjoy excellence in blogs and articles of all kinds and treasure the incredible wealth of information often included in them. Nuggets of wisdom free for the taking.
- The possibility of finding gold anywhere in North and South America and other countries can be explored by reading John Angus Carter's very successful --and highly-informative Gold, Mining and Prospecting blog.
Find out where to find gold, the secrets of panning for gold, --and you can even sign up for the John Angus Carter School of prospecting!
The list goes on, if life is really to be enjoyed !
- If you are city-oriented by heart and don't care for being out in the wilds, look at the life of a writer from high-rise cosmopolitan Toronto, Ontario. See what Conny Manero has to say in her blog, Under the Toronto Sun. You will be entertained and surprised! Conny, a published author, has an amazingly honest, accurate and unique way of "cutting to the chase" about everyday life.
- How is your ongoing sense of humor? Want to be amused, informed, and also discuss issues as serious as the 'religion of misogyny " ? Check in with Rachel Howells Lala's Musings! Rachel offers a beautifully-written blog with cutting insight--and hilarious sarcasm --into family life, human nature and it's folly, fun, and idiosyncrasies. Rachel pulls no punches discussing serious issues -- and tells it like it IS.
- Last but certainly not LEAST, if you are scribbler of any sort; a dedicated writer, author, or blogger, you already know, or are quickly discovering, that writing is a serious business.
Doreen insists she is not a "creative" writer--but her website and handling of the tough subject matter at hand is not only creative --but incredibly smart , timely, and informative. Check out "Freelancing and More" and you'll soon see how Doreen's approach can help you.
At Incoming Bytes I realize that all good blogs and web sites cannot possibly be listed in this post; there are many, many more insightful and entertaining blogs that should be included.
--Wonderful writing by thoughtful, brilliant writers -- entertaining, informative -- a great read for 2012.
Add these first to your 'follow' lists, or subscribe FREE by email --you won't be sorry you did!
It is our fondest hope that we have brought something to the fireside that YOU will enjoy!
This first day of 2012, here at Incoming Bytes -- we will continue to explore, question, offer alternative thought --even criticize where required --and encourage you, the reader, to think proactively if you dare.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.